It's September already
The summer passed by so quickly...but I think it was long enough. I'm ready to get back into the regular routine of things. I hope to try and update a little more often.
The only thing really worth mentioning from back in August was when I went with my family on a roadtrip to Lake Placid, NYC, Boston, and Cape Cod. It was really nice to see most of my aunts and uncles on my mom's side, and also my grandpa. We had great food, like Japanese buffet, Korean dinner, instead of doing the traditional Chinese restaurant thing, which just gets boring after awhile. It's nice to spice things up a little...although it literally got too spicy, the Korean food, he he. I'd have to say the Japanese buffet (Minado) was the best. Checked out the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), but only its front doors since it was closed. Went to the Museum of Civilization/History, kinda like the ROM in Toronto, but much better! :) Central Park was really nice, always see it in movies, but finally had a chance to see it for myself.
After NYC, we headed down to Boston, which turned out to be extremely pricey. It was back to school week for the American university students, and with MIT and other Ivey League schools in the area, the hotels were at their most expensive, at approx. $120 per night per room...and since we three kids aren't really "kids" anymore, we had to get two rooms! Yikes. Because of Hurricane Katrina, the weather wasn't too pleasant; it was windy and rainy for the few days we were in Boston. And it didn't help that we had a map that was either outdated or did not have all the local streets. We ended up spending a lot of time getting lost, since downtown Boston is completely one-way streets! The Museum of Fine Arts was very interesting, much much better than our AGO, ha ha! :) My brother and sister and I checked out the Ansel Adams special exhibit. Adams is a famous American photographer and I can't believe I don't remember him from my photography classes! We almost ended up eating at IHOP- the International House of Pancakes, made famous by the movie "I Am Sam"- but I think my parents didn't really fancy eating pancakes for dinner.
Cape Cod was absolutely stunning. It is a peninsula off the east coast of Massachusetts, I think. Surrounded on three sides by water from the Atlantic Ocean, the beaches were fantastically beautiful, with sand dunes going on for miles. Too bad the water was just frigid! My feet were numb after only a few minutes! It's no wonder everyone was wearing wet suits to go surfing. We had dinner at a famous local clam shack named Arnold's. It had delicious seafood in a fast food-style restaurant. The place was recommended after a family sitting behind us on the beach saw my mom's umbrella from church, with the words "For Christ and His Kingdom". They approached us and we had a lovely conversation between fellow Christians; so encouraging! There was even a Queen's University connection with the strangers...the son had played rugby against Queen's back when he was in college! Cha Gheill! ;)
The only thing really worth mentioning from back in August was when I went with my family on a roadtrip to Lake Placid, NYC, Boston, and Cape Cod. It was really nice to see most of my aunts and uncles on my mom's side, and also my grandpa. We had great food, like Japanese buffet, Korean dinner, instead of doing the traditional Chinese restaurant thing, which just gets boring after awhile. It's nice to spice things up a little...although it literally got too spicy, the Korean food, he he. I'd have to say the Japanese buffet (Minado) was the best. Checked out the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), but only its front doors since it was closed. Went to the Museum of Civilization/History, kinda like the ROM in Toronto, but much better! :) Central Park was really nice, always see it in movies, but finally had a chance to see it for myself.
After NYC, we headed down to Boston, which turned out to be extremely pricey. It was back to school week for the American university students, and with MIT and other Ivey League schools in the area, the hotels were at their most expensive, at approx. $120 per night per room...and since we three kids aren't really "kids" anymore, we had to get two rooms! Yikes. Because of Hurricane Katrina, the weather wasn't too pleasant; it was windy and rainy for the few days we were in Boston. And it didn't help that we had a map that was either outdated or did not have all the local streets. We ended up spending a lot of time getting lost, since downtown Boston is completely one-way streets! The Museum of Fine Arts was very interesting, much much better than our AGO, ha ha! :) My brother and sister and I checked out the Ansel Adams special exhibit. Adams is a famous American photographer and I can't believe I don't remember him from my photography classes! We almost ended up eating at IHOP- the International House of Pancakes, made famous by the movie "I Am Sam"- but I think my parents didn't really fancy eating pancakes for dinner.
Cape Cod was absolutely stunning. It is a peninsula off the east coast of Massachusetts, I think. Surrounded on three sides by water from the Atlantic Ocean, the beaches were fantastically beautiful, with sand dunes going on for miles. Too bad the water was just frigid! My feet were numb after only a few minutes! It's no wonder everyone was wearing wet suits to go surfing. We had dinner at a famous local clam shack named Arnold's. It had delicious seafood in a fast food-style restaurant. The place was recommended after a family sitting behind us on the beach saw my mom's umbrella from church, with the words "For Christ and His Kingdom". They approached us and we had a lovely conversation between fellow Christians; so encouraging! There was even a Queen's University connection with the strangers...the son had played rugby against Queen's back when he was in college! Cha Gheill! ;)
